Central heating pump job Bit of a rant | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central heating pump job Bit of a rant in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the freezing machine about once every 2 weeks for the last 5 years at least.

I got a freezing machine for one job, where draining would have been very time consuming (48 rads) and now wouldn't be with out it, nominal charge every time it comes off the van and its paid for in no time.

Out of interest, which machines do you use?

My old boss bought the rothenberger from plumb on special offer, had to be replaced 4 times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have the electric rothenburger one (no refrigerant)

Rothenberger Plumbfreeze Eco Electronic Pipe Freezer Machine 8-22mm | NoLinkingToThis

I have a a freeze master. Like this.

7f9208d423609f8f78dc38dead6cdb2b.jpg

luv my freezemaster off fleabay, charge it out£50 a time and if they say no, just drain down and take all the time needed, either way I'm happy its the daft customer that has to pay for all the hassle.

And if you can't afford a drain easy kit a lump of plumbers mate inside a flannel does the trick nicely.

My company provided me with the Rothenberger Plumb Freeze Eco Pipe Freezing Kit and it has come in handy, especially when replacing seized isolation valves where you cant isolate the water and when replacing rad valves as it reduces chances of airlocks and blockages in draining down and refilling heating system. they are expensive but well worth buying if you can afford it. only down side is the pipe clips are rather thick and big so in some situations you haven't got enough room to put them round the pipe.

I try and warn punter if other components may fail or be damage during a job although you cannot cover every base . . . .

If they look like they might not pay for any extras then it is time to walk!

It really annoys me that people always want the cheapest job and then expect you to do any extras for free!

if you want a cheap job then my quote is ONLY for the items on the contract - anything else is chargeable . . . .

I always offer people my day rate on bigger jobs and they never go for it (they still act like you are working for them though!)

On little jobs I actually refuse to give a fixed price under £400. I tell em my hourly rate and how long I ESTIMATE that it will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In the end decided to follow Chuck’s advice...
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Several people told me it would be an Airlock...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
Back