Central Heating SOS | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Central Heating SOS in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
not yet,you need to take a resistance check,or if they are cheap fit a new one

i was taught in most cases as long as you get a measurable resistance apply heat and it should increase in resistance or decrease depending on whether its an nct or pct? is this the case or do you really need to use the chart in mi an measure temp?

I've had the thermister off. Its reading just under 14 M/ohms so i'm assuming its ok? I also fired the boiler whilst it was off the pipe and it was in danger of boiling off the wall with no improvement at the rads so i powered down to save any damage.

Totally at a loss now?!
any further recommendations guys? Cheers!

Try checking if the flow or return has a filter which may have blocked up

I think that is probably a bit beyond my plumbing limits (i'm a spark) LOL. Could this be a sludge problem maybe?

it could be but i would check mi for filters if one has clogged it will give the same symptoms as a thermistor

Thanks Gas Man i will get in contact with the engineer who came round initially and put it to him! Appreciate your help !

Exactly the fault i have! LOL
The trouble i have is the guy is a Worcester approved engineer.... I feel like i'm telling my grandma how to suck eggs haha
I will put it to him in the morning though!

Hi, I spoke to the Engineer again today. He has already checked the filters and says they are not clogged and he believes the blockage is in the pipework. He has suggested that the system is powerflushed to prevent ripping up boards etc. Is powerflushing as good as its marketed?

Really hope this sorts it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
You could go smaller if you go pdhw eg 180l...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back