CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on | Bathroom Advice | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

My CH is off. Rads are stone cold then I turn on hot water tap and the rads start heating
The water takes ages to heat through the tap yet the boiler is just the other side of the wall 40" further along
This is a new boiler just installed this week Ideal Logic + 30w
Also 3 rads at other end of house with no heat at all but did heat before new boiler fitted
Fed up OAP !

Hello again jenny. I do remember you, yes. I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing, it must have been a nightmare. Did you contact Gas safe about the fictitious gas safe number they had used ? What did they say?
I really do not know what you can do about it to be honest. There is the online claim court which is possibly the cheapest way of dealing with this but there is no real guarantee you'll get anywhere. You could upset yourself for months to come and get no further on than you are now.

Hello again jenny. I do remember you, yes. I am sorry to hear that this is still ongoing, it must have been a nightmare. Did you contact Gas safe about the fictitious gas safe number they had used ? What did they say?
I really do not know what you can do about it to be honest. There is the online claim court which is possibly the cheapest way of dealing with this but there is no real guarantee you'll get anywhere. You could upset yourself for months to come and get no further on than you are now.

Gas Safe should still attend to do an inspection of a new boiler install, assuming it's been notified to them. You will be asked to allow the installing company to attend but you don't have to.

All Gas Safe will be interested in is gas safety issues. That said, they will go over the install with a fine tooth comb.

From there the firm you contracted for the work either fix the issues (if you allow them access), leave them (if you don't allow them access) or you can get someone else to fix them (which you will of course pay for). Final option if they won't fix them is to take them to the small claims court. With a Gas Safe inspection report as evidence I would hedge my bets you would win your case. Whether the company has any money you could claim off them is another thing though.

Sorry for what's happened to you, there are some real scumbags in the world.

Last edited:
Gas Safe should still attend to do an inspection of a new boiler install, assuming it's been notified to them. You will be asked to allow the installing company to attend but you don't have to.

All Gas Safe will be interested in is gas safety issues. That said, they will go over the install with a fine tooth comb.

From there the firm you contracted for the work either fix the issues (if you allow them access), leave them (if you don't allow them access) or you can get someone else to fix them (which you will of course pay for). Final option if they won't fix them is to take them to the small claims court. With a Gas Safe inspection report as evidence I would hedge my bets you would win your case. Whether the company has any money you could claim off them is another thing though.

Sorry for what's happened to you, there are some real scumbags in the world.

The point is everything is working and therefore Credit card won't help get me my comp as firm had put it all right.
The firm agreed on comp in front of the actual Trading Standards ..I have the document they sent me admitting and offering the comp by return of signing, but they won't pay up

Most lawyers will offer a free 1 hour appt to go through your options? I think it's probably a lawyer you need advice from now then. Would be worth speaking to one and they will probably right a letter to the firm fairly cheaply. May get the results..

Very poor jenny so much wrong there you need to get gas safe involved they are their to police all us gas installers , if the leak brothers wont come back and sort out their apauling work free of charge make sure they know you have informed gas safe to inspect your boiler best of luck kop .

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as...
Replies
Views
V
  • Question
It would help to know what type of system you...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
Back