CH with Microbore bypass loops and proper bypass valve | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CH with Microbore bypass loops and proper bypass valve in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

That's a big dT with a cool/cold cylinder, would have expected less except there is a throttled in balancing gate valve on the coil return, there's none on mine and my dT starts at 8/10c when cold and just before cylinder cut out ~ 5/7C. I have a smart circ pump and its power output translates to a coil flowrate of ~ 12LPM which is confirmed by my 20kw oil fired boiler cycling times.. I'm just wondering if it's possibly a pump problem or some boiler protection (high dT) that's causing the high dT on CH as well. If you boiler % output is noted at the same time then the circ rate is easily calculatd but doesn't fix your problem.

Just a follow up for completeness...
I spoke to Viessmann tech support again and they suggested an engineer coming out to look at the boiler under warranty..

After some investigation, he was able to change the maximum pump speed from the 65% default limit on the 19kW boiler to 100% as per the 32kW model - and I now have radiators that are too hot to touch and much better warm up time in the house...

The setting was accessed via the Viessmann service assistant program on his laptop - but it may be possible to remotely configure the setting, he thought. It is not possible to change the setting from the boiler control panel.

He said it was unusual to need to do this, but the boiler control of the pump is geared towards it being eco-friendly and using the minimal amount of power required as per EEC regs - but clearly the pipe work here needed a far higher pump setting.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice with this

Similar plumbing topics

That's my new plan Timmy, I managed to get up...
Replies
Views
I should have said "S-plan plus", of course!
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
Back