Chaffoteaux & Maury Boiler Problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Chaffoteaux & Maury Boiler Problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Hi all, got called out to a boiler service on a Chaffoteaux & Maury Britony system 2 and been having serious problems as the installation has been failing the tightness test. After some investigation and consultation with the customer I decided to pursue a certain course of action which did not remedy the situation, after further investigation I have deduced that there is a leak with the boiler. As when isolated the tightness test passes no problem. I've done all the usual things, tightening every nut on the gas line after the isolation point but to no avail.

My thinking is as follows that it's either:

a: A faulty gas valve letting gas through
b: A problem with the factory assembled gas pipework components within the boiler

I've rang every number for Chaffoteaux and Maury there is and been on hold with Ariston for nearly an hour, so just thought I'd throw it open to the forum to see what peoples thoughts are on the matter.

I've since ID'd the installation with owners consent and disconnected the appliance.

Thanks

Do you have a gas detector? could be worth putting it in the flue with the boiler off to verify that the gas valve is passing. You could even get out there and give it a sniff lol

The drop is not permissible, but no smell of gas (which is irrelevant due to the size of drop)

Flue is on the roof but could get my sniffer in at combustion chamber poss to see if it is passing.

Thanks for your responses.

IF your parts suplier will lend you a gas valve it would be worth taking one along next visit, otherwise checking inside the chamber will verify the gas valve is faulty yeh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
1mb between meter and appliance with all...
Replies
Views
Back