Change over regulator very noisy | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Change over regulator very noisy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasfun

Hi guys, I have only recently done the lpg change over course. Installed an intergas 28/24 and a gas hop. The gas gas is not connected yet.
I fired the boiler up this afternoon. Runs well, But the regulator is making alot of hissing noises( not a gas leak- done tightness test).

It is a 700k change over device from BES. I now I need 2x 47kg bottles. can I blok off one side of regulator and use a split pig tail on one side to test it , or is the hissing and whistling normal?

sounds like your change over valve is leaking out of the unused connector if i get you correctly, hissing and whistling arent normally heard.

I have connected both bottles to the connectors. It is only when I fire up the boiler that the noise starts. I suppose my question is:

My max kw for both appliances are 42kw . So I need 2x 47kg bottles on each side. Currently I have only a bottle on each side. Would this cause the noise?

Had this recently on a BES 700h whistling as you say, tried a direct replacement exactly the same finally ended up with a rf6030 and all was well.

Thanks Roger. Will try to get a refund off BES. Did you buy the replacement regulator from BES?

last faulty lpg valve i had fm bes was swapped by the manufacturers for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Yes normally around 300 for the fixed price...
Replies
Views
This thread is over 3 years old but it would...
2 3
Replies
Views
P
Hope to be living the French way next year!
Replies
Views
U
(d) Cold distribution pipe must be lower than...
Replies
Views
Back