changing pump in boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss changing pump in boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Hi all,
To change pump in boiler with no iso valves can i just isolate at flow and return valves and drain boiler? Its just the head im swopping. I havent got to drain system as others have said have i?

Thats the way you do it with most boilers - assume its a combi your doing. Remember to bleed the system after fitting - look for an aav on boiler and a bleed in centre of pump and the rads last.

Then switch power back on. Good luck

centralheatking

Yes its a combi. Thank you centralheatking. Nice name by the way!

Beware of turning off the screw slot type iso valves on older boilers, they tend to leak out of the slots when disturbed, dont get any water on the new pump electrics or spalsh any into the pcb box, common sense really.

its just as quick to fully drain down sparky,let me guess you knock of the isos,drain via prv all of a sudden you have 3 headaches,dead pump,leaking isos,passing prv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Shaun,. Thanks for all your help, I did take...
Replies
Views
At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
You’re 200 miles away - he is there. You’re...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Back