Changing this beast for a combi. Help with pipe work adaptation | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Changing this beast for a combi. Help with pipe work adaptation in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20150217_095358.jpg

This is coming out tomorrow. New boiler has been hung and pipework has been run. Tomorrow will be the drain down and connect up. What needs doing with these pipes?, the flow i know just needs connecting to the new flow I have run so that's simple enough. Got the other 2 pipes joined together. Boss reckons the one with the pump will be our return, the other will be capped. Right or wrong i don't know but i don't want to be working any later tomorrow night than i have to.

I have never seen anything like this beast.

Probably be gravity hot water pumped heating
Pump on return
Rayburn about 450kg use some black iron as rollers

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a gravity hw with the pump on the return and (should be) an injector tee just before it connects to the boiler.
What you should have done is find where the heating tees off the 1" flow and cut it off and either connect there or blank it and pick up the 22 anywhere else.
Pick up the return anywhere on the 22mm and cut and blank wherever it is convenient.
What a waste of an Aga lol

As Tamz said ref: Pipework.

I've rolled these out on 40mm plastic waste pipe! Need about 6 - 8 bits the same width as it.

These gas ones aren't worth much I don't think and the nouvelle was the crap one wasn't it? With the funky electronics?

You'll probably have to dismantle it if your taking it away, you won't get it in the van else.

thanks guys. it's still up and running until tomorrow. Boss said it's not getting scrapped as the customer wants it installed in their other property.

Its a gravity hw with the pump on the return and (should be) an injector tee just before it connects to the boiler.
What you should have done is find where the heating tees off the 1" flow and cut it off and either connect there or blank it and pick up the 22 anywhere else.
Pick up the return anywhere on the 22mm and cut and blank wherever it is convenient.
What a waste of an Aga lol

Sorry tamz, not sure i undertand completely.

the flow - this just needs disconnecting and reconnecting to the flow on the new boiler?
The pipe with the pump fixed to it - this will be connected to the return i have put in for the new boiler?
The gravity hot water pipe needs capping?

Is that what you mean?

Sometimes i need things in simple terms :)

Sorry tamz, not sure i undertand completely.

the flow - this just needs disconnecting and reconnecting to the flow on the new boiler?
The pipe with the pump fixed to it - this will be connected to the return i have put in for the new boiler?
The gravity hot water pipe needs capping?

Is that what you mean?

Sometimes i need things in simple terms :)
the flow will gave, or still does the coil on the cylinder. Might be a heat leak off it too.

Just check if there is a heat leak radiator. This will be connected into the cylinder flow and return.
you could get a shock when filling .

On a friday!?!???

Got a lot left to do. Rip out, make final connections for Hot + Cold, F + R plus the gas.

And get the vertical flue in.

And do the electrics

and the controls

and commission it.

If it's not up and running by 5.30, i'll be dropping off some heaters. Somewhere i need to be at 6 pm.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies I decided to reroute...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just screwdrivers. Although it’s wise to back...
Replies
Views
Back