Chasing rad pipes into walls | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Chasing rad pipes into walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that that there will be a radiator on the wall (which is visible) which the pipe run ultimately feeds.

I meant that that there will be a radiator on the wall (which is visible) which the pipe run ultimately feeds.

I get ya. Sorry. What I would like is for the pipe to come straight out of the wall an elbow straight into valve. Nice and neat. Not much pipework on show. Seems it will be hard to achieve though

Any towel rails I've ever done the pipe exits the wall then a soldered elbow into the valve.
Neatest way possible.
And always insulate the pipe with 13mm wall armaflex.

With mlcp I'll use a chrome compression and finish off with chrome rad snaps.

Think I will go for the 10mm hep in the wall and to outlet boxes suggested above. What wold people use to insulate the pipe and protect the plaster from cracking. Ideally one thing that does both and is slim

Think I will go for the 10mm hep in the wall and to outlet boxes suggested above. What wold people use to insulate the pipe and protect the plaster from cracking. Ideally one thing that does both and is slim

I've not read through the full thread, only the last few posts so apologies if this is out of context.

Slip some stitched hair felt over whichever pipe you're using before plastering in. This will absorb the movement in the pipe but won't give as good insulation as climaflex.

If you're chasing pipes in to a supporting wall there is a limit to how deep you can chase which would also affect your choice of insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could chase the pipes in along the route...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
A
Sounds like it would be less work to take some...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Either is ok upto you tbh
Replies
Views
Why do folk get obsessed with hiding pipes...
Replies
Views
Back