Checkatrade changing telephone numbers | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Checkatrade changing telephone numbers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I definitely did not get information about this from checkatrade before they changed my phone number i would like to see the email that checkatrade sent to its members has anyone else still got it

Where I am was their original trial area so I've been on managed contact for well over a year.
I complained but was told I was the minority and that its a service for me (lol).
I've downgraded to affiliate membership so I don't appear on searches but phone is noticeably quieter than usual.
Currently working on marketing online but its much more crowded and still not taken off.
Been ticking over nicely on repeat custom but I've got nothing booked in today so will probably have to renew as if this happens 4 times then I'm out of pocket.
They've definitely moved into the trade of exploiting their members and will be sacking off as soon as I can!

I see now that I've put all my eggs in 1 basket.

I'll be honest I'm a plumbing and heating engineer and I like to think a good one not a businessman and I was and still am getting plenty of work through checkatrade so didnt bother doing anything else.

I'll be honest I am thinking of leaving the trade as I really really cant be bothered anymore, it just feels like everyone is out there to screw the engineers over. If you work for a company they want to own you and work you to within an inch of your life if your self employed you have companies trying to take everything off you and seemingly in a legal way. What's the incentive to stay in the trade.
keep your chin up

Ive not been on for a few years but just got a 6 month free offer on chuckatrade. The quality of leads is noticeably poorer than when I was paying a few years ago - lookers not buyers, wanting cheap, wasting time. I wouldn't pay for a listing.

Similar plumbing topics

C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Back