checking burner pressure on cooker. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss checking burner pressure on cooker. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
How can I check the burner pressure on a gas cooker, I have tried to put my manometer over the injector but it wont seal properly. Any tips please. Also should the burner pressure be the same on all rings or different?

u only need to push the tube over the nozzle to do a test, dont light the other rings after tho, it can make u jump

How can I check the burner pressure on a gas cooker, I have tried to put my manometer over the injector but it wont seal properly. Any tips please. Also should the burner pressure be the same on all rings or different?

Cut two inches off, dip the end in a kettle and push over a pen or something.
just use that in future and join with one of the plastic connectors :)

I use me Testo (510 i think) and you get a smaller hose that fits over the injector and onto the smaller part of the manometer.

GSR only IMHO ..

however ........ you could try sitting a pingpong ball over the jet and measuring the height it rises when turned on.... at a guess? :) It'll not let you know 'pressure' but will amuse the kids wondering what the feck you're doin' :)

how did you get gas safe registered?? and pass your ACS cooker module?? (accredited cetification scheme incase you dont know this either)??? if you dont know how to test cookers.
Perhaps you need more training or apprentice type experience before working on gas on your own??

how did you get gas safe registered?? and pass your ACS cooker module?? (accredited cetification scheme incase you dont know this either)??? if you dont know how to test cookers.
Perhaps you need more training or apprentice type experience before working on gas on your own??

disagree on this tbh

he may have cookers he has an idea and is asking for tips on how to seal his hose

his second statement bit more worrying but end of the day he has asked the question to know the answer

disagree on this tbh

he may have cookers he has an idea and is asking for tips on how to seal his hose

his second statement bit more worrying but end of the day he has asked the question to know the answer
Nobody knows everything and I think he's getting confused because of the different sized rings.

Its not like they cover every aspect in the ACS, I've just redone mine now and certainly no mention of it n

Thats not exactly fair, in the acs ive noticed its always a free standing applience with a test point on the grill!!

no mention of this when i did my apprentiship and everyday was gas, no bunging in bathrooms.
all my employer did was the heat input where as i do everything.

He has the rough idea and has has the sense to ask.

Request to move to the arms

Thanks for that mate, thats very helpfull.

I've made up an adaptor from a Fulham nozzle and an injector that came with a hob for conversion to LPG.

For freestanding cookers I've made an adaptor that goes between the hose and the bayonet.

the answers are all in the books
Thats the thing, they arn't. No where does it say to stick your manometer on the injector to messure the burner pressure. You can gas rate it no problem 3 rings on and all that but you show me the page where it tells me to hold my hose over the injector.

for your first post you come across as being a complete cock

GSR only IMHO ..

however ........ you could try sitting a pingpong ball over the jet and measuring the height it rises when turned on.... at a guess? :) It'll not let you know 'pressure' but will amuse the kids wondering what the feck you're doin' :)

haha :D :D, almost fell off the chair

Hobo 128............ on a serious note from me :) it's not the easiest thing to do and manufacturers don't help out! I think they should be pressured to install a test point that's accessible ... even Hob manufacturers should be pressured to do this!! IMHO :)

I always do the injector method and usually forget to turn off the ignition and it always makes me jump! But what about the old hobs where there injectors arnt accessible from the burners and there is just a mixing tube? Abit old school but im sure there are plenty still about

I've made up an adaptor from a Fulham nozzle and an injector that came with a hob for conversion to LPG.

For freestanding cookers I've made an adaptor that goes between the hose and the bayonet.

Could I ask for the materials list for these please mike. Nevr heard of a fulham nozzle before. I shall have to look it up.

Thats the thing, they arn't. No where does it say to stick your manometer on the injector to messure the burner pressure. You can gas rate it no problem 3 rings on and all that but you show me the page where it tells me to hold my hose over the injector.

It is in the cooker mi's.
read the first line of page 36 on this
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...WBTDJp0LRav2xW3fvdIHHag&bvm=bv.57155469,d.ZG4

That was just the first cooker that came into my head. Check any others you can think of and see what it says.

Pretty std knowledge.

3 rings will not give you a gas rate as you are missing out a burner/s and possibly an oven and grill. That is for when testing say the boiler pressure and have the 3 rings on to simulate use. Correct me if I am wrong.

Good tip I got on here is to install a test point before the cooker/hob or any appliance and that will give you an accurate pipe pressure at the appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back