checking burner pressure on cooker. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss checking burner pressure on cooker. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip. I am only suggesting a test point as an alternative for testing the gas pressure at the appliance. I agree that pipe sizing should be done correctly and do not fit these as a standard.

So, on the data badge it only gives you the kw rating of the three biggest burners and forgets about ring 4/5 and the grill?

Fair enough. Yes it is in the ACS. However, if you want to gas rate it you still need to do all burners and check with the data badge and MI'S? No?

Did a Landlord cert a few months back. Turned on the hob and the flames were roaring about 6 inches high! Put my manometer on the injector and it blew the water straight out of the top and hit the ceiling (governor had gone). The tenants must have made short work of the evening meal!!

And what's the point in gas rating a hob when 98/100 the data badge is impossible to view.

You don't need to gas rate and burner pressure. 26(9) either will do both nice but either so always do bp.

3 rings is the deemed standard for checking meter operating pressure. I prefer bath hot on full on a combi as it's going to pull much more !

An old injector soldered into an 8mm copper pipe, is the tool I use. Quick easy and safer. Agree with Ermin, The three rings rule is for OP pressure nothing do with gas rating. If I did ever gas rate a cooker, it would be with all burners turned on to Max.

At least people are asking and trying to further their knowledge.

It is in the cooker mi's.
read the first line of page 36 on this
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...WBTDJp0LRav2xW3fvdIHHag&bvm=bv.57155469,d.ZG4

That was just the first cooker that came into my head. Check any others you can think of and see what it says.

Pretty std knowledge.

Ok yes in every MI it states to check the burner pressure on the front left hot plate injector. Even in the manufactures instructions for the range cooker I want to check it says the exact same thing but again it does not say " hold your manometer tube over the injector and squeeze it tight because it probably wont fit and take a reading" As diamondgas said "Hobo 128............ on a serious note from me :) it's not the easiest thing to do and manufacturers don't help out! I think they should be pressured to install a test point that's accessible ... even Hob manufacturers should be pressured to do this!! IMHO"

I've fitted a few cookers ( a while ago now, to be fair) which supplied an extension piece to test the pressure, you remove an injector and screw the test bar in, which is sized for u gauge tube and about 75mm long so it's easy peasy

I've fitted a few cookers ( a while ago now, to be fair) which supplied an extension piece to test the pressure, you remove an injector and screw the test bar in, which is sized for u gauge tube and about 75mm long so it's easy peasy

These are the types of comment I want to be hearing, not " go back to college and how did you become gsr" thanks kirkgas

No burning me fingies either!

Could I ask for the materials list for these please mike. Nevr heard of a fulham nozzle before. I shall have to look it up.

This is sweet, So I have just discovered a whole load of fitting from fulham for testing pressure. Thanks guys Im on to somthing here.

This is sweet, So I have just discovered a whole load of fitting from fulham for testing pressure. Thanks guys Im on to somthing here.

So you found a kit to attach to the injector then feller? I would love this as I always burn me fingers

What thread are the injectors?

are they 3/8? Regin test point would go into that?

i might have to make something up.
or drill out a spare injector and solder abit of 8mm in

a 7mm box spanner normally fits, just mek yourself one with a spare injector and sum pipe.

i think somewhere in the post the "3 burner rule" has been confussed between measuring meter working pressure and gas rates.

What thread are the injectors?

are they 3/8? Regin test point would go into that?

i might have to make something up.
or drill out a spare injector and solder abit of 8mm in

Did you find out what size the injector thread is mate? Will a regin test point screw wight in?

I have the regin one for gas valve nipples it does cookers too only 12

@ermintrude Yeah im gonna get that. Where did you get it from for 12 quid mate, its 31 in plumb

cant say that ive ever had much trouble getting the hose over a nipple all way do the biggest burner and hold it on you only need a couple of seconds just sqeeze the tube between two fingers and thumb and push on ffd cookers are the hardest as you have to hold the knob in as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
If he's cautious, the plumber will want to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
Back