Collapsed hot water cylinder | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Collapsed hot water cylinder in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

N

Networks1

Hello everyone

im new to this forum so I would like to say 'hello' and ask a question about a problem that has just happened with a horizontal hot water cylinder

there was a huge loud bang last night and the cylinder has imploded. At the time I had a wood burning stove on and just before the bang there was a loud grumble noise from the loft area. The cylinder has completely collapsed in and having looked on the web it would appear that this is not too common. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what would cause this. I assume the heat from the stove must have been a factor but I'm guessing there should/ must be some sort of release valve that would usually prevent this from happening. The only thing that has been done to the system since I moved in two years ago is I had two pumps fitted by a plumber to help with low pressure on the cold an hot warer feeds. There are two pumps in the loft and it looks like one is connected to the hot water cylinder at the top in two places.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance with this .

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
http://www.h2panel.co.uk/h2layout_a.htm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the replies. The 15mm pipe teed off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s calling out for an unvented as it’s a...
Replies
Views
Back