Combi boiler Electrical | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler Electrical in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theone

IMG_0104.jpg

Hi

I was not getting any hot water and now I have changed the two elements. I now get some hot water but not even enouth to fill harf the bath. also the hot water is not as hot as it used to be?

Washing machine taps and a shock arrestor on an unvented fill me with dread, could I suggest you get all this checked out by someone who has a G3 card and experience.

Washing machine taps and a shock arrestor on an unvented fill me with dread, could I suggest you get all this checked out by someone who has a G3 card and experience.

The washing machine taps and shock was already there.

This may be some ones attempt to fit an unvented cylinder who has no knowledge or experience, or DIY because it was there doesn't mean it's right, I would still get it checked out by a professional

There are over 1000 property with them installed professional by Telford, up and running no problems for 5 years. im sure they know what there doing....

ps its only Electrical not gas

Last edited by a moderator:
Think Telford only supply , so it would have been contractors, have you set the temps on the new stats

just because its electric for the heat source doesnt mean to say it doesnt have to meet building regs standards, from the photo you look to be missing an essential item to prevent it turning into a steam producing machine at some stage and thats a expansion vessel, unless its an internal bubble type but I'm unable to see any details of the cyl make. the overall impression is it looks untidy and that normally means poorly installed, not always but most of the time. As it is you need to get a plumber qualified in uvented systems in to resolve your issues, it may prevent the following taking place

Exploding Unvented Hot Water Cylinder.wmv - YouTube

Ask a sparky then. This is a plumbers forum. Take your attitude elsewhere.

I know it has to meat meet building regs standards, im sure it doss that. any idea as to why its not heating up or as to why so little hot water?

If I had the cash to get someone in I would not be posting on this.

Who ever fitted that crap most certainly DIDN'T know what they was doing
Don't you just love it when the op thinks because it's in other property's it's right lol
And that's not right by a long way

Who ever fitted that crap most certainly DIDN'T know what they was doing
Don't you just love it when the op thinks because it's in other property's it's right lol
And that's not right by a long way

Well if you would like to tel me why its not been fitted right I will take the matter up with them.?

any work thats carried out on an unvented cylinder assuming it is will need to be done by a plumber/engineer with g3 qualifications. Please contact one and get them to take a look. You should already know one anyway, as unvented cylinders need annual service/checks so speak to that person.

Last edited:
have a read of my earlier thread and view the clip, then youll see why we worry about unvented, its not being petty but seeing something that doesnt look right, and no you wont know how to rectify it until you do a course on unvented.

By the way your photo isnt of a combi boiler, as the title seems to suggest.

With the way you are talking to me, I would not Trust you at all mate. if you dont want to give help then dont reply. simple

I'm gonna be honest. You will not get any advice, no one here wants to be responsible for you blowing yourself up, so you might as well take your crummy attitude someone else.

With the way you are talking to me, I would not Trust you at all mate. if you dont want to give help then dont reply. simple

That's good mate
Ps if you new the difference from a combi boiler and a direct unvented cylinder you may have had a better response but with a bad attitude your getting nothing enjoy your cold water happy Christmas ill be thinking of you in my nice roasting bath when the sweat is dripping in my eyes lmao

That's good mate
Ps if you new the difference from a combi boiler and a direct unvented cylinder you may have had a better response but with a bad attitude your getting nothing enjoy your cold water happy Christmas ill be thinking of you in my nice roasting bath when the sweat is dripping in my eyes lmao

Harsh! I like it lol

How to win friends and influence people, this weeks tip:

Come on an internet forum with a problem to solve, and then pick a fight with someone who has over 4,000 posts, and has been thanked 381 times.

In next weeks episode - go into a Pompey pub wearing a Southampton shirt on match day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back