Combi boiler: Main 30W or Potterton 28 Gold Boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi boiler: Main 30W or Potterton 28 Gold Boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Members,

I'd like some advice on which boiler to select between Main 30Kw and Potterton 28 Gold boiler.

This is for a 2 bed 2 bath flat. Currently have an old worcester boiler that needs to be replaced. Its a rented property.

Price for Main 30 Combi incl standard Flu and clock £700

Price for Potterton Gold 20 incl Standard Flu and built in clock £775 - only sold @ Mrcentralheating.

I understand both boilers are from BAXI group. Install manuals are identical - looks like essentially the same boiler (also the Baxi duo tec).

Warranty for the Main 30 is 5yrs and for Potterton is 2yrs provided unit has annual service. Baxi duo i believe is 7yrs.

Please help as all the boilers are from the same group but there may be some subtle difference in parts, serviceability, repair costs if needed etc.

thank you.

I know it may not matter but have you asked the gas safe engy fitting this which does he rate ??

Like you say more or less the same only one hotwater outlet at a time can be used on a 28/30 combi duo tec is my choice fitted lots of em and service 20+a year and have very few problems. Cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably temperature sensor or thermistor that...
Replies
Views
Don't know if there are older / newer versions...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage from a dirty system needs...
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have seen a combi installation where the...
Replies
Views
Back