combi boiler plumbed as a system boiler advice please | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boiler plumbed as a system boiler advice please in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem using a combi as a system boiler providing the DHW side of the combi is a water to water plate heat exchanger not a gas to water heat exchanger on a few dual heat exchanger models.

what about the intergas one thats gas water and can be used as htg only

what about the intergas one thats gas water and can be used as htg only

Dual heat exchanger. will need water in the DHW side otherwise it could melt down. Best ask Intergas themselves. Will stand corrected if they say you can.

I'd be very surprised if you can't with an intergas as you can run them with the CH side empty.

i have never heard of this but what a great idea, do you need to do anything other than an s plan, ie wiring....to the" combi" or do you fit as per combi with the addition of s plan.. what about the diverter valve if the heating is calling and the hot water on the s plan side then someone opens a local tap off the combi side ?????
Mark

Dual heat exchanger. will need water in the DHW side otherwise it could melt down. Best ask Intergas themselves. Will stand corrected if they say you can.

I was at trade show 2 years ago and the inter gas stand told me that you cold fill just the domestic side to give the customer domestic hot water while you poss upgrade the heating next day as a bit of a selling point.so i suppose if this was the case you could fill and run just heating side. but was only a verbal chat. if any one was to wont to do this I would have it confirmed.never installed intergas so never needed to follow this up.

You were right about this Intergas boiler. They stipulate in there instruction manual, that you can use it solely for HTG or DHW. Just have to change the parameters on corrospondingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Hi, I sought advice here a few years ago, to...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Hi we’re the boiler sited
Replies
Views
Back