Combi Boiler vs System Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Boiler vs System Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I think the last discussion was back in 2021.

A few questions to guide any discussion.

Which are the cheapest to heat over the year, system or combi in an average 3/4 bed property?

Which will be the more reliable and cheapest boiler type to repair over the next 10 years?

Is there a better boiler type thats not been covered in the title?

Thanks

Combi boiler will only reliably do one bathroom

Heat only for me

How do you keep the system clean from sludge? Do you have a system filter?

Just make sure air doesn’t get in corrosion won’t happen unless air is present

Hi, I sought advice here a few years ago, to decided whether I should keep my traditional systems boiler (with cylinder) or upgrade to a combi boiler (deemed more efficient)
Whilst my habits have not changed, my gas bill consumption went from 2100Kw/year to 4300kw/year
it's been a huge mistake to go towards a combi boiler. when you factor in the price increase of gas on top, you can see how much of a financial mistake this has been!

Similar plumbing topics

I took @Chuck to mean: A reputable...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for the replies. The combi is an...
Replies
Views
Back