combi boilers choice | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boilers choice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

What’s with the 40kw ?

What’s the demand / outlets

Seems anlittle high on output what’s the requirement? If I was you I’d look into Vaillant or viessmann but depends on budget and if it’s for own use or rented property

The baxi platinum is a great boiler ones I fitted years ago are still like new.

Not a big fan of ideal. Vaillant I had so many problems with the pumps packing up diverter leaking and pressure sensors playing up that I got put off them and tried baxi been with them ever since.

It is each to their own though ask 10 people get all sorts of answers.

What's your flow rate like as a lot of people ask me for a 40kw but they only have the flow rate for a 33kw.

Let's be honest here it wont matter what brand you go for they all fall to bits with aplomb.

Imho you need to have it installed as per manufactures requirements otherwise you wont get a warranty or guarantee. That's the most important thing is how good your installer is.

For what it's worth having been an owner of various boilers over the years the worst I have had is a Worcester and the best I've had is the universally panned Alpha

This question pops up very often....and you have come to the right place for advice My friends will give you advice based upon their experience
and you will be advised well and with passion. I would
engage a really well endorsed
local gsr installer. Put your trust in them. Let us know what
you decide ....centralheatking

I don't fit many boilers these days but I was impressed with Viessman. Very good components on the 100 range.

I've installed a lot of duotecs which were bulky and noisy so I wouldnt opt for one.
Can't say much on the duotecs but the new 600 series is really quiet.

Another vote for baxi. Duo/plat are great boilers. Big and heavy but reliable and stood the test of time.

Vogue is a decent boiler but they’ve changed the blocks from brass to plastic which degrades the boiler massively in my opinion.

Not overly impressed with Valliant/glow worm

Unvented all day long combi won’t do the shower and drench together

The baxi platinum is a great boiler ones I fitted years ago are still like new.

Not a big fan of ideal. Vaillant I had so many problems with the pumps packing up diverter leaking and pressure sensors playing up that I got put off them and tried baxi been with them ever since.

It is each to their own though ask 10 people get all sorts of answers.

What's your flow rate like as a lot of people ask me for a 40kw but they only have the flow rate for a 33kw.
3.5 bar on incoming main doesnt drop
60l/min

Similar plumbing topics

This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Have a read of this it explains it better than me
Replies
Views
Better asking in the gas engineer section, as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back