combi boilers choice | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss combi boilers choice in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I’m always reluctant to fit 40kw combination boilers, my opinion is that if you need 40kw of hot water output then you’ve chosen the wrong system.

Biggest problem with high output is often the gas service isn’t big enough. Many houses have inserted 3/4 inch gas services and simply won’t provide the volume of gas required. So unless you want your drive digging or live in a newer house, lower output.

Depends what your looking for really, bother with all makes of boilers but if you fit a baxi duo-tec or 600 its 7 years warranty and the platinum is 10 years so you shouldn't really be back at it in a very long time. The Worcester requires there own filter and controller to allow 5 year warranty. as said in a couple o previous messages, fitted the baxi 636 and it is really really quiet. But your choice though

I’ve got a Valliant ecotec plus 831 . Installed 2016. Already needed new diverter valve and water pressure switch. Unfortunately did not have a Magnaclean filter fitted until now (2019)which caused sludge to block up the water pressure switch. As a result constant F75 notification where boiler wold not fire on less than 3 bar. Installed new pressure switch and now firing on 1.2 bar no problem.

I’ve got a Valliant ecotec plus 831 . Installed 2016. Already needed new diverter valve and water pressure switch. Unfortunately did not have a Magnaclean filter fitted until now (2019)which caused sludge to block up the water pressure switch. As a result constant F75 notification where boiler wold not fire on less than 3 bar. Installed new pressure switch and now firing on 1.2 bar no problem.
Unfortunately this is down to poor installation and not the reliability of the boiler, vaillant are a cracking boiler when installed correctly.

Intergas Eco RF - best technology on the market for a combi. Half the moving components of every other manufacturer on the market. 10 year warranty

Ideal Vogue Max - 12 years. Need I say more?

Intergas Eco RF - best technology on the market for a combi. Half the moving components of every other manufacturer on the market. 10 year warranty

Ideal Vogue Max - 12 years. Need I say more?
Don't you have to jump through hoops to get anything repaired under warranty with ideal?

Similar plumbing topics

This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Have a read of this it explains it better than me
Replies
Views
Better asking in the gas engineer section, as...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Back