Combi Central Heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Combi Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ala.nicholsaon

In a very small flat I am connecting 4 rads to a 24KW combi. The Flow & return on the boiler are standard 22mm. Because of space constraints I will not be able to use manifolds and I propose to reduce the 22mm to 15 mm and pipe all four rads in parallel using 15mm throughout. Is this likely to cause any problems?

Regards
Alan

I dont think youll have a problem at all. Worst senario is balancing the locksheilds.
It will be fine! :26:

you don't say which combi you're using, if the pump has a speed switch flick it to the lowest setting, otherwise there shouldn't be any issues

you don't say which combi you're using, if the pump has a speed switch flick it to the lowest setting, otherwise there shouldn't be any issues

You can't do that you fool

It need to be on 3 to give the hot water output

It will be fine to do that, but beware if you ever want to add extra rads or start fitting bigger ones you may get problems and have to re-pipe.

Others may disagree but I might run 10mm to radiator's from a 15mm flow and return, this might avoid the problem of balancing the system as much or at all.

I beg your pardon, who are you calling a fool!?

You!

Why or when would you ever turn the pump speed down on a combi

Please elaborate as to when a manufacturer has reccomened this or when in your professional opinion have you done this and supported the hypothesis with strong technical knowledge

Others may disagree but I might run 10mm to radiator's from a 15mm flow and return, this might avoid the problem of balancing the system as much or at all.

...it'll only be an issue for those who don't understand how a centifugal circulator works or who can't read a pump curve!
Personaly I've never been a fan of microbore due to the imminent sludge issues, having said that if a decent inhibitor is used and the levels are checked annually then why not!

You!

Why or when would you ever turn the pump speed down on a combi

Please elaborate as to when a manufacturer has reccomened this or when in your professional opinion have you done this and supported the hypothesis with strong technical knowledge

Whilst I'm more than happy to enter into any kind of technical discourse I take particular exception to anyone throwing insults at anyone on this forum, it's not what its about. If you have a differing opinion to mine that's absolutely fine, if you would like to explore our differing opions as an adult then that's fine too, now you've taken the time to have a look at my profile you should now be more than aware that you are not talking to a fool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
That's a fair better idea or costly mistakes...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Have a look at Daikin Altherma. The issue...
Replies
Views
Back