Commercial maintanence contracts ? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Commercial maintanence contracts ? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

O

on31ll

Ok guys need some advice had phone call today ive been recomended to a commercial factory i think they make like cling film etc ! Basically they want sombody to carry out maintanence and like 6 monthly servicing ! Hes mentioned stuff like strainers and they have a few water filters that need filters changing etc ! Is there anything i should look out for when i take a look round ? Anything i can offer ? Anybody else do type of preventative maintanence ?

I know its a long winded question but i dont wanna go there and not know what it is etc ! I know this goin to happen because hey its commercial

Don't ask for that. Just take a visit and a walk round, get it clear in your head what equipment they want you to maintain. Ask for a copy of the maintenance schedule. That'll tell you what they're expecting to be covered in the contract too.

At the moments it's a bit 'how long is a piece of string!'

Went and had a walk around one part of this plant today. It was actually quite strange they have like an in house engineer well there was a few pf them that do all maintanence etc but they want to bring in plumbers to do all that side of things ! As soon as i met him i though its going to be commercial gas thats where there not doing it ! But its not ! Its all plumbing mostly ! The have massive water filters that the want servicing along with UV filters. Theres alot of inline strainers that they want clearing. The engineer has nicely drawn them on the building plan. They have a few leaks here and there but nothing major.

They have chilled water lines running everywhere but disnt see what they where going to but they where all labelled up saying treated with chemicals etc so gonna read into them a bit more ! They want there unventeds servicing and thats it really few odds and ends !

Anyone ever had this weve you have shown up and they already have people onsite that could prob do the work ?

Maintenance men don't do anything.
The chilled will be full of glycol. Usually goes into a bowser and reused if drained.
Probably goes to chiller plant on the roof or outside.

I was shocked they have done all the hard work ! Basically pointed and drawn everything out ! Said that needs doin etc etc !

As for the chilled lines i dont really understand the system ! So might try and see if one of my mates will do it but dnt think anyone will !

They want it maintaned and the levels checkins they want some alteration but that is out of the maintanence work.

what are the chilled lines for ? What do they chill ? Is it just air con but on larger scale ? I worked on a job in leeds looms same type of stuff ill try and get pics up

image.jpgYou can just about see on the very right wall mounted like a blue box with silver sandwhiched between. They want all these hoovered out etc

The blue boxes are plate heat exchangers.
Chilled pipe work should be lagged and sealed or it will drip with condensation.
Chilled water can be for air handling units to blow cold air or cool machinery etc

Ha ha its not that i want to but i just dont wanna loom stupid then tarnish my name of that makes sense !

Like when people come on here and we tell them if ya dont know get sombody in. This is kinda the same is it not ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Clearly you have a Domestic Gas installation...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
Renewables can be fun depending on what your...
Replies
Views
T
I prefer the .. "You appear to have switched...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
R
  • Question
Dave the plumbers got this right First...
Replies
Views
alph250
A
Back