Condensate into rain water pipe...YAY or NAY?? | Bathroom Advice | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate into rain water pipe...YAY or NAY?? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
The boss and I are installing a boiler tomorrow, and to be honest, the only place to install the condensate is into the rain water pipe. Is this allowed?

I can not see any where that says no.

Also, is there a boss for this type of thing, or do you just cut and seal with silicone?

This is my home work from the governor.

Cheers fellers

I read somewhere couple year ago (cant remember exactly where) that the amount of acidic water now going into sewage or ground is now a concern for contamination . So once this becomes common knowledge we will probably be terminating it into buckets !!!
I did hear couple weeks ago that worcester now are making noises of sleeving the condense pipe through walls , not seen nothing in mi's as yet tho .

i also remember reading something a while ago about condensate in sewers.
the theory says the acidic water from the many 1000's of boilers discharging into sewers will eventually build up and ruin the eco system in there....

i also remember reading something a while ago about condensate in sewers.
the theory says the acidic water from the many 1000's of boilers discharging into sewers will eventually build up and ruin the eco system in there....

i heard this too, but its mainly the utilities companies kicking up fuss because of the increased cost of treating the water.

See section 2.3 and figure 5 to the attached link.
[DLMURL="http://www.centralheating.co.uk/checklists/frozen-condensate-pipes/frozen-condensate-guidance-installer#5"]HHIC » Frozen Condensate Guidance for Installer[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
and just to put a spanner into the works....

unless there is already one there and you are renewing it,

you can no longer install a hopper........

as i was told by a b.c inspector recently, its against building regs?.

I personnally would first fit the acidic neutraliser if practically possible in the boiler location, then the ph value would be nil then run condense into rainwater pipe, i once had a customer who was concerned that the acidic condense would pollute the local river & harm the fishes, have fun.

i seen em at a trade show, its a sock filled with salts that remove the acidity. has the added bonus that it lowers the freezing temp of the discharge. by a degree or 2. but the sock liner has to be changed yearly........(assuming of course that the rads are set up correctly and the boiler does actually kick into condensing mode) lol

last week i saw a condensate cut off flush with wall, trickling down onto flat roof extension, eating away at the flat roof

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Plumbing/water heater- spots recently on...
Replies
Views
Back