Condensate Pipe Blockages | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Condensate Pipe Blockages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Rob Foster

Esteemed
I am looking into the frequency, causes and general opinions about condensate pipe blockages from Ice, Leaves and heavy rain. Any opinions or anecdotes gratefull received. Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Yep does happen and will happen again this year anything under 11/4",3m long unlagged and run externally will freeze, condense pipe work connected into a rainwater down pipe then into a soakway, which should absorb the rain water and return it to the water table becomes fully flooded or blocked allowing rain water to back up into the boiler heat exchanger.
Aluminium heat exchangers deposit aluminium oxide into the boiler sump then into the condense pipework so blocking it solid if not serviced and the sump cleaned and flushed through regularly not really had a problem with leaves other than blocking a open drain . Cheers kop

I am looking into the frequency, causes and general opinions about condensate pipe blockages from Ice, Leaves and heavy rain. Any opinions or anecdotes gratefull received. Rob Foster aka centralheatking
My opinion is that if the thing is installed correctly it should be fine. There is always a possibility of anything freezing in extreme conditions of course and when we have a situation whereby the temperature barely rises above freezing point over a number of consecutive days, even 32 mm pipes can freeze, although I do think the termination point has a strong bearing.

Similar plumbing topics

Great advice thank you...cbw1982 I thought it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If rainwater pipe discharges to a combined...
Replies
Views
If my wife poos at all then she's doing it in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
It's one of them places... Comedy gold was...
Replies
Views
Back