Connect old rad valves to new rad | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Connect old rad valves to new rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Guys. Sorry for such a long first post.

We have a 24 year old 10mm microbore ch system and on the advice of a plumber I’m going to change the rads a room at a time, as and when we decorate, to slowly achieve a more efficient system. I’m aware that modern metric rads will require an extender to get from the valve to the rad, but herein lies my problem.

The existing valves terminate in a 25mm male thread, with the rad tails (obviously) having a matching female. Modern rad tails, valves and valve extensions all appear to be 15mm. To replace the existing rad valves would require draining the system down every time I wish to change a radiator, so...

Is there such a thing as a Chrome 25mm extension tail? If not, does anyone have a suggestion that doesn’t involve changing the valves?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ps. When I say “25mm” that’s measuring across the thread with a tape.

Pics:
Lock shield 1, lock shield 2, Radiator tail
D82813B2-436C-41CC-967C-C218F4BEEFD4.jpeg
2A871224-EED3-497D-A7CE-4198066805F6.jpeg
4FFA8792-3D03-43ED-BF4A-918AD8DCE842.jpeg

Need to pull the the fitting out the rad then use 1/2 extensions from the fitting to the rad

Thanks all...

Plumbers merchants - I’ll try tomorrow if no joy on here.

Pull the fitting out of the old rad - that would work I think, which leads on to my next question - how? It has an internal hex about 12mm across the flats, does the tool for this have a specific name?

Toolstation - I cant see how that piece would help me.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok thanks! Towel rail very tall so I don’t...
Replies
Views
Whatever you use, pressure test before tiling.
Replies
Views
I decided not to change the radiators and have...
Replies
Views
Last year we had a new pressurised system put...
Replies
Views
F
That olive is too close to end of pipe to stop...
Replies
Views
student plumber
S
Back