Continously running toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Continously running toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

My pump was cycling when no water was running and I finally tracked it down to a toilet where the water was continuously running into the bowl (only very slightly).

I have taken the top off the cistern and that has stopped the problem - leading me to believe that the problem must lie with one of the push buttons. However, I'm not sure what the next step is from here. Is there a way to adjust the system so that the buttons have to be pushed in further to activate the flush? Or do I need to file down the end of the lever on the button or something like that?

I've attached a photo in case that helps!

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_095847.jpg
    IMG_20201221_095847.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20201221_095829.jpg
    IMG_20201221_095829.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 25
Unlikely to be the push button, as that looks original valve. Chances are it’s debris on the base of the flush valve seal. Usually a bayonet style, so twist anti-clockwise to undo, and pull out. Replace or clean seal as necessary.

Similar plumbing topics

You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
It was a faulty button - all fixed and working...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun - appreciate the advice and quick...
Replies
Views
1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a...
Replies
Views
Hot and cold connected the wrong way around...
Replies
Views
Ak ammo
A
Back