Conundrum - My combi boiler wont switch off - HELP!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Conundrum - My combi boiler wont switch off - HELP!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diy wanabee

Hi,

I'm new to this and have searched the forum for my problem but nothin seems to be the same. Here goes.....

I have a Vaillant 282 EH combi boiler (approx 19years old) which wont switch off via the time clock. Annoyingly it has also developed a small leak too!

British Gas have been out twice to fix it and failed both times unfortunately, to be fair the fault is intermittent and I guess its trial and error.

First the changed the servo valve and next they changed the time clock. Neither has solved the problem.

It always stops firing when the hot tap is turned off, this problem only occurs when the boost facility on the timer stops and the boiler should switch off but doesnt. The problem also occurs when the timed program should switch the boiler off too. The light on the time clock goes off - but not the boiler.

The boiler is serviced every year and is in good condition - it has been trouble free for years until now!

All help most gratefully received.

Thanks

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
C
Try reading this - the pump and flow switch
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back