Convection hot water not working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Convection hot water not working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

Triff

Hi All,

i just swapped out my hot water tank for a new one as it was about 1/3 full with limescale!!! Everything is connected up the same was it was previously apart from the loop from/to the boiler on the tank used to be 28mm pipe I've replaced with flexihose.

When I turn the central heating on the boiler fires up the pump goes and the rads get hot. When I turn the hot water on, I can hear the valve open, but the boiler doesn't fire. Feeling the pipes they don't seem to get any heat by the tank, (when the ch is on) but I can undo a compression fitting (in or out) and there is defiantly water in there! It's an open system, there is water in the header tank and I'm running out of ideas. I'm going to use the immersion heater for now, but before I pay for someone to come and have a look wondered if anyone had any other ideas on what it could be?

thanks

image.jpg

Please rotate your head by 90 degrees :)

A question like that at midnight had to be a sparky on a wind up, until I saw the picture :)

The cylinders not rated for gravity, the flexies are not rated for central heating temperatures and the female iron connectors on the cylinder will have stressed the cylinder.

That's gonna be a real expensive diy job.

Looks air locked... Also if you say you hear the valve click are the white and orange... Besides it looks to be air lock. Try fitting an air safety value at the high point where the flex is at the flow on the cylinder

An air bleed valve may help. Wished I could copy and paste you a link but I'm using a bb playbook and I'm not sure how to do with this one

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yeah will deffo try I’ve got a strong magnet...
Replies
Views
see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Santhosh. I recommend you get a G3 plumber...
Replies
Views
Back