copper pipe - how to disguise? what kind of paint? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss copper pipe - how to disguise? what kind of paint? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody will take copper pipe worth about 3 quid from your wall. Keep calm and if you must use Denzo tape.

I worked for a developer in Brixton for 7 years.. Forever replacing external gas pipes. Some people would nick copper if it was worth £1

Seen them painted with anti climb paint too.

No but they sell horse burgers at tesco.

Yeah, they might nick it if they see it!

Last year I had a cable nicked that was threaded through an internal wall, and then through external. It was only about 2 meters long, but they tugged the end out, which was a shame, as I had to cut a hole in the wall (which had been plastered that day) to re-run it. The length of cable must have been worth about 10p.

Me old mate Flexible Frank says to rip out that nasty expensive copper stuff and just replace it with one long chain of flexis.

Grandad used to do roofing and I remember being told that to "age" a new pantile roof, get a bucket of waste milk from a farm, let it go rancid and curdle, stir it up and throw it over the tiles. In 2 weeks the roof will go mildewy and look like it's decades old.

Denso tape is a good idea for the pipe.

Just paint it with that thick black slimy anti-vandal paint. That will keep the tea leafs at bay.

By the way, whatever deterrent you use on the pipe itself to prevent climbing on it or theft, you're required by law to display a sign saying what measures you have taken. That's why you see signs outside buildings with "This building has been coated with Anti-vandal paint". Daft, stupid health and safety law, but a law all the same.

That would not technically be necessary for Denso tape as it's technically anti-corrosion.

If it's in reach and in an area that people have access to denso is a bad idea as there could be a claim for damaged clothing if someone leant on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just to round this off with what I found here...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
M
A sparky with a proving unit, now that's rare...
Replies
Views
it is also very low pressure so there is...
Replies
Views
Ah the good old ' should be a doddle but ends...
Replies
Views
IDCHAPPY
I
Back