Core drills | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter The Goose
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 8K

Discuss Core drills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
good in theory, but round here you'd end up with a new window if not a door! Any movement and the whole wall starts to collapse round your ears, having tried all methods, slow n steady with a core n drill is the only way I have found to work sensibly. I gave up hammering out huge rocks years ago when I first converted my place into apartments.

Good in practice as well, worked all around Devon and Cornwall, including North Devon!

Has anyone ever had the clutch replaced on a Makita 8406. Had mine about 5-6 years now and rang the local stockist last year about a service and they told me to throw it in the bin and buy a new one as it isn't worth it ???

I had the Makita 8406C core drill and it did me good service over the years I had it. Repaired it a few times but last year it gave up the ghost. I bought the Milwaukee DD2-160XE drill and it's streets ahead of the Makita. Rips through a wall in less than half the time of the Makita.

Thanks for all the replies and advice guys. It's much appreciated.

I decided to get the milwaukee drill and the Marcross ccu850 drill bits.

The drill arrived today just in time to do a few holes. 2x2 inch holes and 1x5 inch.
It all works a treat. The easiest and fastest holes I have drilled. The 5 inch one was at a 45 degree angle through a solid outside wall, made of very hard bricks, and it did it no problem at all.
I am still covered in dust though!

Vacuum duck taped to the wall next to your hole always helps but dosnt get everything

Vacuum duck taped to the wall next to your hole always helps but dosnt get everything

That day my vacuum was having a day off so I was down to using a broom. I tried taping that to the wall but it was not really the same :tounge_smile: I was indoors too which didn't help

Give these guys a call...

27DBD5A100000578-3050458-Detectives_have_released_dramatic_new_images_showing_inside_the_-a-24_1429702404218.jpg

Which Hilti core drill do you use i am looking to get a second hand one. I have been using and abusing the Makita 8406 for the past 7 years and the clutch is just starting to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I use hole saw with thin ply template
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just use a compression elbow, we wont tell.
Replies
Views
K
I popped into my local tool shop last weeek...
Replies
Views
Kev the gas
K
H
I suppose some tradesman just buy an 18v...
Replies
Views
D
Thanks everyone for your help, think I will be...
Replies
Views
Doogal
D
Back