Cos HE24. Central heating will not turn off | Central Heating Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cos HE24. Central heating will not turn off in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just you Stephanie. I think I have only ever been to about 4 houses where the airing cupboards have been completely empty with just the cylinder in them.:)

Get a plumber and they can test both zone valves and determine which one is keeping the boiler on. Dont try removing the actuator head as you can get an electric shock as there is a live feed to them. Get a qualified plumber to leave it safe and working properly.

Others have covered the valve(s), but I will draw your attention to the system pressure gauge you show on the last picture, which at 0.2 bar seems much too low to me, I'd expect it to be around 1 bar when the system is cold. Ask your plumber, who will need to be on the Gas Safe Register, to investigate the root cause of this while they are on site.

In my opinion, you should not operate the boiler until this is sorted.

Others have covered the valve(s), but I will draw your attention to the system pressure gauge you show on the last picture, which at 0.2 bar seems much too low to me, I'd expect it to be around 1 bar when the system is cold. Ask your plumber, who will need to be on the Gas Safe Register, to investigate the root cause of this while they are on site.

In my opinion, you should not operate the boiler until this is sorted.
Thanks Chuck. I regularly open the valve and let water into the tank to raise the pressure but guess that ordinarily that shouldn't be necessary. My husband has called a plumber and I'll post the results when he's been. Thank you.

The other valve which is on the heating looks like a danfoss valve, that is probably the more likely culprit.
The pressure gauge is for the heating system, and its on the low side. You have other issues that need addressing. I am pleased you have called a plumber :)

Honeywell
Hi Stephanie

Disconnect white wire in junction box, heating and water off on timer if you have +- 160V on white wire contact Honeywell. Your 3 port head will be knackered but you also require another part which Honeywell will give part number for.

Sorry just saw you have s-plan so replace Danfoss heating valve complete.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
G
Hi, thx in advance if anyone has any ideas...
Replies
Views
GL7781
G
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back