couple of odd noises relating to toilet | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss couple of odd noises relating to toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you just go to screwfix and buy a bottom inlet valve? They'll know what you mean, fairly straightforward to swap over. Good luck
thanks, now someone has told me what part to buy I will, just need to know where it is on the cistern and roughly how to fit it?

right the part you need to change is the part with the long arm and blue ball on it. you need to isolate the feed to the fill valve, empty the cistern and change the valves over.

so something like this is what I need to buy then - Bottom Entry Toilet Cistern Ball Valve | NoLinkingToThis

thanks steve - I can see which part that replaces, but on my photo I seem to have a pipe going to the bit at the front - I assume the part from screwfix will connect to that somehow - apologies for sounding vague

i think you'll find that the tube is just hanging from the fill valve. it's just to try and make the fill quieter.

Try that wingers, quite a simple job mate. Get a 1/2" fibre washer for your cold water pipe which connects to your toilet aswell so you dont have any stupid leaks when you disturb it.

Make sure you put the washer inside the toilet and not the outside (use bit of silicone on the washer too for belting braces)

Let us know how you get on and we'll help you further :)

Try get a torbeck or a dudley fill valve :)

bottom entry inlet valve assembly replaced - will see how it goes and report back - thanks for your help

well so far so good - seems to have sorted the issue

Can someone help me identify and explain to me then what the tank in the loft is, as pictured in earlier post

It keeps the water in the central heating system topped up. It looks as if the float operated valve may be stuck.

It keeps the water in the central heating system topped up. It looks as if the float operated valve may be stuck.
yes it looks like someone has bent the arm of the float downwards - so hardly any water in that tank

Anything I can do to check all is working okay - sorry just concerned it could lead to a problem in future, and definitely don't want heating issues during the cold months!

If its a tank for your heating i only set them half full. Reason being for expansion. You dont need it full. I would leave if for time being and if you have any problems with your heating thats the first port of call to look at

If its a tank for your heating i only set them half full. Reason being for expansion. You dont need it full. I would leave if for time being and if you have any problems with your heating thats the first port of call to look at
thanks will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would take a look inside the cistern, make...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Pipe noise is sometimes difficult to pinpoint...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back