Couple of questions | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Couple of questions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
1) Anyone recognise this tap? Customer has it installed 18 months ago by someone else and it drips from where the arrow is on the cold side. No drips underneath where pipes connect. The gap has a slightly concaved disc which was loose and I tightened it by finger but it kept dripping. I'm coming back to do other things too so I said I'd strip it down and check seals are ok, grease them up, but I don't really know what the fix is and was just stalling... so am hoping someone might know.

IMG_0525mod.jpg

2) This spring plug waste has snapped on the thread. Customer wants another spring one even if it's more likely to fail than replacing with different type because they prefer the look. So fair enough. But my only thoughts are about underneath. I've installed / replaced lots of basin wastes but none that looked like this arrangement. Will a standard 1 1/4" spring waste fit this existing arrangement? I'm a bit confused on looking at it what's going on with it ...i.e. why there's a chrome piece, if it's just extending or adapting and how the thread of the waste connects into the assembly..

IMG_0522.jpgIMG_0523.jpg

Thanks y'all

I know that the tap is a cartridge type. I think it may be Bristan. Bristan will supply you with a replacement cartridge

The waste looks standard to me and I cannot see any issues with a standard swap

with the waste you will most likely not need to change the whole thing. if you can unscrew the broken bit, you can then just screw in the new part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
update on floor.....it looks like i have a...
Replies
Views
A
Living in the country, then why not oil...
Replies
Views
A
Oddly, contract lever taps from Screw, Tool et...
Replies
Views
Back