crazy system! ... biiiig job looming for someone me thinks | General Plumbing Jobs Discussion | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss crazy system! ... biiiig job looming for someone me thinks in the General Plumbing Jobs Discussion area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt biomass is to blame, assuming the thing's working and heating up the buffer tank okay. Was the system working before they put it in? Were any pumps or stuff changed on the heating system side or was it just hooked into the buffer? Most likely there's airlocks around the place stopping the circulation, dodgy pipework levels, missing AVs or AAVs in hidden places which have seized shut, dislodged crap from the draining/refilling blocking pipes, the usual stuff you get on old systems.

All the system was working fine apart from one of circuits (has 3rads on it and the f&e tank and seems to
have a blockage as far as I can figure). It has had new pump fitted, shown on photos in my profile on return manifold. I've had a look around as much system as I could find and tried every valve, some are seized but they're open but no av's apart from near hw cylinder. Will power flushing help or cause more probs?
Regarding the buffer, I don't know where that is tbh. I took pics of everything I could find (see profile) just in case someone could point it out :)

Neil, the buffer tank is the big grey tank in pic 4. Mind you from what i can tell, the plate exchanger is piped up wrong!!

I knew it was a tank but didn't realise it was a buffer :). Which is the plate exchanger? That black box behind the tank?

Ok. And that's what seperates the boilers from the rest of the system to prevent any crap getting back to the boilers and messing them up I take it? So if that's piped up wrongly, and the pipework is power flushed then the boilers could get hit with all the crap, so to speak?

no, the way they have piped it is incorrect but there is still seperation. powerflushing the existing system wont be a problem to the boiler.They have piped the primary flow and return from the boiler to the cold side of the plate and the secondary flow and return from plate to buffer is connected to the hot side of the plate therefore they wont get the full efficiency out of the plate, but none of this should cause the problem that you have, more just an observation. If it were me i would have put the plate after the buffer not before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Back