dhw - boiler keeps coming on and off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss dhw - boiler keeps coming on and off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

portishead

I was wondering if there is anyone who knows there way around the heatline vizo 24 boilers?

Our boiler is not very old , about 18 months or so. The ch works perfectly but when we use hot water the boiler ignites and burns for say 30 seconds then goes off but then reignites after a few seconds again , burns for a while then off again then on again etc etc. If running a bath it just continues like this all the time. If you run the water quite slow it usually keeps burning but if you run the water flat out its on and off all the time. It seams worse if the temp knob is turned to max but runs better if its on minimum temp.

Does anyone have any thoughts or could help??? Is there a usual suspect?
Im worried about getting a plumber that will come, rip me off for hours when I dont know whats wrong when its probably a sensor????

Thanks Guys

you been watching watchdog

we aint all like that you know they just show the idiots because it makes good tv.

Im worried about getting a plumber that will come, rip me off for hours when I dont know whats wrong when its probably a sensor????
are you sure you're in the right forum?
unlikely to get any advice other than call someone in.

Phone your gsr engineer to assist.

I dont know if any old engineer knows anything about my boiler. Is a boiler a boiler? Can they test the sensors and pcb quickly??? I called heatline. They said they will come and fix it. They quoted me £285 inc parts PLUS vat & Labour.

How does one know... Big worry :(

It's been like it for a year for this very reason.

An 18 month old boiler that's not been running right for 12 months?

correct, it was fitted I guess before we bought the house, dont know who by.
I do understand its not a £1500 valiant or worcester so to speak etc but so annoying

Last edited by a moderator:
Then if it was legally installed why didn't you get it repaired under warranty?

correct, it was fitted I guess before we bought the house, dont know who by
either it was or was not??
do you have the installation manual? what details are entered in the commissioning page?

if you can afford to buy a house
you can afford to get it fixed by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
why not post in the looking for a gas engineer section on this forum

No. I dont have any manuals here. The person we bought from passed away, it was a deceased estate.
I did post in the gsr wanted section 6 months ago. I only got one reply lol - The one below !!!!!!Dead funny. Or not actually.
Hi

Thank you for placing request for a gas safe plumber on the forums,any member who maybe able to help,please contact op direct

Post your location, maybe someone on here is local and we can help.

I think I will do the gas safe course and fix it my self ! Anyone looking for a trainee to work with & teach ! (serious)

I think I will do the gas safe course and fix it my self ! Anyone looking for a trainee to work with & teach ! (serious)
good luck with that one you dont just become a gsr engineer and suddenly know how to fix a boiler that takes years upon years of training and experience

Does anyone have any thoughts or could help??? Is there a usual suspect?

yes & yes,

most on here know whats wrong with it!!.

however, 'the guy' as outlined in statement above may not have had the opportunity to spend hours on this forum asking whats wrong with it so he may have to spend that time actually diagnosing the fault/associated faults within your boiler. that we cannot do on here!.

allow one hour rate for the diagnosis to the fault then the engineer will give you a price to fix.
that way for a flat rate you will find out whats wrong.
expect 3 hours at the hourly rate of the engineer plus parts and your boiler should be fixed.
simples.

The Vizo's have a well-known problem with the Direct Unmetered Kappa Sensor and Annular Reignition System working loose over time. The DUKS-ARS, as it's known, needs to be tight otherwise it won't keep the water out...

Well, Hopefully someone will reply locally. With a bit of luck it will be something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
Might be worth an engineers visit, could be a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Not if the cylinder is already satisfied, and...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Time and make a note of how long the boiler is...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back