Diagonal Heating Zones!! | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Diagonal Heating Zones!! in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hope someone can help.

I have dual zone heating in my new build. I have a TPOne-M downstairs and a TPOne-B in the master bedroom upstairs. When I turn on the heating using the downstairs TPOne-M it heats up half of the ground floor, kitchen/diner, hallway and then 2 of the bedrooms upstairs (diagonally upstairs, not the bedrooms directly above the kitchen/diner). If I then turn on the heating in the master bedroom using the TPOne-B in that room, it heats up that room and all the rooms on that side of the house, but not two of the rooms on the opposite side. It also then heats up the living room downstairs which is diagonally positioned to the master bedroom. How do I change this so that it's a simple choice between upstairs (one zone) and down stairs (second zone)

so the downstairs is two large rectangles, one is a kitchen/diner the other a living room (both the same size), split by a hallway (narrower rectangle) and stairs leading up.

the upstairs is 2 bedrooms above the living room and another 2 above the kitchen/diner with a family bathroom over the downstairs hallway.

Tbh your fecked best to put it all on one zone and live with it won’t comply with building regs but will work or go with a evo home system and have electronic trvs builders won’t pay for that as not cheap

Nope rip all the floors or ceilings out it’s plumbed / piped wrong to the rads
Looking at the plans the radiators boiler and tank etc are all in the correct place, if the house builder builds several of the same type (model) of house (which they have) then surely it's a mistake where everything joins together in the cupboard upstairs.

The boiler is in the utility room Baxi heat assure, directly above it on the first floor is the tank cupboard containing a therma evocycl cylinder plus a small red tank and a small white tank, all the pipes running to the radiators must be in the same place, no?

Nope as the zone pipe work is in / under the floor so all the houses are the same / have your problem

1664380662241.jpeg

For example

See that radiator pipe work is separate to each zone so if there’s a rad on the wrong zone / mismatched all the pipework would need altering under the floor

What ever needs doing then its the developers responsibility they should instruct their heating contractors to correct the mistake ? , They are often slow to react to the problems be persistent but polite you have done well to diagnose the issue , are the manifolds visible or accessable? can you see the motorised valves with possibly a silver box on top ? a few pictures may help if the contractor has access to the manifolds? it could be quite simple to swap 4 pipes over once identified, or it may mean removing a floor covering and taking up a section of floor for access, worst case it's a section of ceiling may need to be removed. Regards kop

What ever needs doing then its the developers responsibility they should instruct their heating contractors to correct the mistake ? , They are often slow to react to the problems be persistent but polite you have done well to diagnose the issue , are the manifolds visible or accessable? can you see the motorised valves with possibly a silver box on top ? a few pictures may help if the contractor has access to the manifolds? it could be quite simple to swap 4 pipes over once identified, or it may mean removing a floor covering and taking up a section of floor for access, worst case it's a section of ceiling may need to be removed. Regards kop

Attachments

• IMG_20220929_094430019.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094430019.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220929_094428066.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094428066.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220929_094409777.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094409777.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220929_094401799.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094401799.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20220929_094253545.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094253545.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20220929_094356315.jpg
    IMG_20220929_094356315.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 53
Looks ok but a question would be what type of plastic pipe have they used for the d2 / unvented safety discharge

Needs to be mupvc or pushfit

Can’t be normal waste pipe eg abs / pvc

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Zone 1 does the whole house including...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
  • Question
what a stupid regulation if it doesn’t spell...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Is the return pipe from the loop warm?
Replies
Views
  • Question
We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and...
Replies
Views
Back