DIY descale pump :) | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DIY descale pump :) in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm not sure use what other guys use to descale stuff but I made this awhile ago for descaling heat exchangers in situ etc & decided today to use it at home as my electric shower has been getting worse & worse & only ran scalding hot!! Used it today & the shower is like brand new again through all the temperature settings! I was thinking of just binning it & buying a new shower lol!
image.jpg

I just bought a miniature waste bin (similar to the food waste ones some people have) & put a JG 15mm tank connector in the bottom, then it's just a 15/60 from an old boiler to a washing machine hose! It's all housed in a big styrofoam type container which is handy to keep it all together in, so pretty cheap to make!

I had some descale chemicals in the shed. I also used some Kilrock that is used to descale a kettle, I added hot water & kept the level just above the tapping in the tank to keep the concentration as strong as possible.

i made one up years ago for descaling saunier duval water jackets much the same as yours but i used a plastic jerry can/ camping water container the old descaling cyrystals used to jam the pump if i forgot to flush it through properly but in those days it was all conventional to combi swaps so had a great supply of second hand pumps

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all I am having the same issue with my...
Replies
Views
Sam_FD
S
  • Question
Guess you didn’t see my post where I think...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It shouldn’t be a lottery when you call out BG...
Replies
Views
It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
Back