DIY Purge stacks | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DIY Purge stacks in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

B

Barry98

Anyone got any pics looking for ideas got a few of my own . Going to use a old camera tripod 35mm pipe with t in and two Iso valves just wondered what everyone else has.

doing a job Next week where for some reason HSE are wanting to be there

also anyone heard of having to use nitrogen opposed to air for clearing line ?

Mines just a few pieces of 1" tube with unions on each end ( can set height ) connection wise anti flare device, flow meter, inline meter valve with quick connect to flex hose (working from the flare stack )

And yea we only use nitrogen but doesn't really matter tbh air is fine

Haven't got a pic sorry as its out being used but can draw if it you want

Mine was a length of 35mm with a blank on the bottom and a flame arrestor on top
Two tees with valves , one for the purge hose and one for the sniffer

I would doubt the HSE will know anything about nitrogen, may be best to have barriers, cones, fire extinguishers, signage, method statements etc
Do it early before they arrive then let them look at your gear

I only ever use nitrogen where there's angle grinders or welding happening on the pipework. You also need to ensure that its O2 free nitrogen.

However, I have indirectly purged using a compressor and the equation P=Plenty. ..

If you get a good pressure with the compressor it'll clear the gas with no problems. The important thing is taking a reading and proving that you're well below your LEL.

Thought you only had to use Nitrogen if you didn't achieve the correct purge volume in time or the purge was interrupted?

Be gentle I'm fairly new :smug2:

no normally you have to restart the purge if not right % / volume / time

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes I totally agree. I'm convinced this has...
2 3
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wouldn't rely on pipe finders as a definite...
Replies
Views
Back