Diy sos | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Diy sos in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Did anyone notice the Ideal independant and crap soldering and cheap rads on bbc1 tonight at 8
my missus said I am sad ! I don't know why cause I have a good few Ideal independants. I just hate cheap rads and crap soldering

I thought the same, all the flux left over the pipework making it go all green. No tape around the pipework nail clipped to the walls, I suppose you can pick holes in everyones work.

Fair play to the guys who done it, sure I would do the same if given the opportunity.

I hate it when I sweat an ugly joint. I think some plumber will come to this in 30 years, and say what a loser, he couldn't even solder neatly!!

I look at pipework/flues all the time. I can't help it. Flues are perticuarlly bad. I say it out loud whenever I see something not right. My wife just goes 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'. :)

I live near by and was going to join in at first but i had 6 months off just before hand due to operation and i could not afford the time off the work i had (still in debt from the layoff now 6 12months later :( ). I think most of the materials came from local travis perkins, so i would guess the plumbers had no say in what went in?? i was supprised that the pipework was not taped up for protection. i guess the answer is how much do you put in yourself to the job?? i know a roll of tape is not much but if your giving up 9-10 days work/labour i dont think you would want to be using all your own materials off the van?

I hate it when I sweat an ugly joint. I think some plumber will come to this in 30 years, and say what a loser, he couldn't even solder neatly!!

I look at pipework/flues all the time. I can't help it. Flues are perticuarlly bad. I say it out loud whenever I see something not right. My wife just goes 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'. :)

Cant go into a bathroom/public bog without pulling faults on the plumbing :( i need to get a life. LOL

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Honestly, get a plumber in to do this bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
Back