DIY timewasters | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DIY timewasters in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

S

so-solar

The phone rings thursday, half way through a combi swap,

The bloke on the phone explained that he has stripped his boiler down and changed ignition probes, ignition transformer but the boiler is still not working!

I explained that he was breaking every rule in the book but felt i should try and help him out, So i popped to his after finishing my job and went through my usual fault finding sequence, the ignition part of the sequence was fine boiler not getting any gas,

After fault finding i discovered the P C B was in need of replacement,

I explained to the customer that i knew what the fault was and it was going to be 235 pounds which included my time for today, he then asked me what the fault was! I knew his game so i replied, Its the gas valve mate!

He asked me to order gas valve and get it fitted asap, I asked him for 60 pounds for the callout and he asked me if he could pay altogether?

I get a phone call today from this idiot telling me it is not the gas valve as he got one himself and it is still not working,

I replied, My invoice is in the post and i trust there will be no problem with payment? He asked me if i knew what i was doing and was quite aggressive!

I went to his house today to collect payment and he came to the door with his tail between his legs with 60 quid cash and asked when i could do the repair?

3 weeks on tuesday mate!

I went back to this job this evening and fitted the new P.C.B and collected 235 cash from him!!!!!!! It felt great when i said to him '' I do know what i am doing dont i", Got another job from it to replace his shower pump.......................... Hoping this job starts a little better than the last!

The phone rings thursday, half way through a combi swap,

The bloke on the phone explained that he has stripped his boiler down and changed ignition probes, ignition transformer but the boiler is still not working!

I explained that he was breaking every rule in the book but felt i should try and help him out, So i popped to his after finishing my job and went through my usual fault finding sequence, the ignition part of the sequence was fine boiler not getting any gas,

After fault finding i discovered the P C B was in need of replacement,

I explained to the customer that i knew what the fault was and it was going to be 235 pounds which included my time for today, he then asked me what the fault was! I knew his game so i replied, Its the gas valve mate!

He asked me to order gas valve and get it fitted asap, I asked him for 60 pounds for the callout and he asked me if he could pay altogether?

I get a phone call today from this idiot telling me it is not the gas valve as he got one himself and it is still not working,

I replied, My invoice is in the post and i trust there will be no problem with payment? He asked me if i knew what i was doing and was quite aggressive!

I went to his house today to collect payment and he came to the door with his tail between his legs with 60 quid cash and asked when i could do the repair?

3 weeks on tuesday mate!

"They dont like it up em !!!" would seem apt Rip Clive Dunne

And a good result So Solar

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Back