DIY Vokera repair? | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DIY Vokera repair? in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

L

lukas125

Having a problem with my Vokera 20/80 Flowmatic boiler, where the hot water runs hot, then cold, then hot etc etc... but the CH works fine.

I'm pretty sure this is due to a faulty diaphragm in the DHW manifold, and it looks relatively straight forward to replace this part after reading the servicing manual. But, I am not a plumber and have never done anything like this before. Has anybody replaced this part, and is it as straight forward as it looks? (Obviously I would be staying well clear of the gas side of the boiler.)

Once the front cover is taken off the front of a boiler it is classed as "gas work", so regardless of weather or not you are touching a gas part it will be deemed as illegal work on your part. My advice to you would be leave well alone and get a GSE in to do the work. ok it will cost a bit but you can't really put a price on your safety. And what makes you so sure its the diaphragm?? could be a number of things, thermistors etc. If your going off the MI's then i wouldn't bother there not always right, if i where you then i'd get the professionals in.

Have changed many dhw diapragms on the 20/80, not a diy'ers job.
If the burner fires up & water gets hot then burner doesn't modulate but goes out for a while[ cold water] it ain't your diaphragm!
You need to get an experienced GS repair engineer. It's a fan/flue related problem

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If you have the tools and are handy at diy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
(Just bumping a few older threads, they will...
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am replacing an air source heat pump. The...
Replies
Views
Back