DIY'ER just called... | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DIY'ER just called... in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
he did all his own plumbing when building his house, now he is trying to sell his house and building control came round to check soil pipe is tight. It is not, has a leak. He asked if I could go and find the leak. are there any common places for these to leak? Like in the pump hose. i had this before and i did not check it for hrs. Went mad i did

Pressurise the stack water and washing up liquid spray over the joints.... Look for the bubbles. Bung toilets sinks basin and baths if drop was that server then I personally remove toilets and traps bung them all see if its a poor installed waste or toilet

Weng there today, massive drop. Nightmare it was, internal stack boxed and tiled. All toilets wall hung and stuck on with massive amounts of silicone. Mission to remove. So moved all 4 toilets, drop not so severe. So break down into sections, a few traps leaking. So in the end I left it with a tiny drop. Have seen BC turn up and just make sure it doesn't drop instantly and be satisfied. So praying for that. If not, its ripping out tiles and boxing.

BC won't accept any drop. They will want to see it steady at around 50mb for 2 minutes or however long they can be bothered looking at it.
As Ryan said, there are many simple ways to get around it if you have a think about it but you need to be there. Kinking the hose probably won't work unless the bc guy is a numpty. You need to think of more ingenious ways.
I once got a motorway service station passed testing 10ft of pipe from the manhole. Just think about it.
Probably more than half the drains in the country wouldn't take an air test

Get rid of the pump and T piece. You don't need it and most pumps leak through the non return valve any way. Put the pressure up by blowing into it (gently) kinking the hose and sticking it on the gauge.
How much of a drop are you getting over about a minute?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You were lucky they bothered to show up. At...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
  • Question
What a great and informative post! Thanks for...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
Back