DIYist signing on. About to do the bathroom! | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DIYist signing on. About to do the bathroom! in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

D

DarrenThomas

Just saying hi before I do my best not to flood the house next week. Will be putting in a Trevi boost as well so it could get interesting.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Here is the before shot! We bought the place 2 years ago and have already done the rest of the house but this was working so we waited. Can't put it off any more though.

[DLMURL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/22611665@N03/4114451151/"]
4114451151_691ea61b62.jpg
[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Here is the before shot! We bought the place 2 years ago and have already done the rest of the house but this was working so we waited. Can't put it off any more though.

[DLMURL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/22611665@N03/4114451151/"]
4114451151_691ea61b62.jpg
[/DLMURL]

Thought that was the after picture,was going to say how nice it was and what a good job,do like a bit of avocado, tough and grooving
withh a nice splash back of tiles ,very retro:punk:

Have you planned it out yet,are you keeping items in the same place ?

Thought that was the after picture,was going to say how nice it was and what a good job,do like a bit of avocado, tough and grooving
withh a nice splash back of tiles ,very retro:punk:

Have you planned it out yet,are you keeping items in the same place ?

It's all staying in the same place, the bath is being put in the other way around though as we wanted a screen and the window is too close to the wall to allow a screen on that wall. I've already got all that wonderful panelling off and some of the tiles, and the various parts of the new bathroom are dotted around the house waiting to go in. I'm working tomorrow and then I start in earnest on Friday removing the remaining tiles and making the walls good where a few bits of plaster have gone. Then Sunday is bath day.

Depending on how well that goes I'll either start tiling on Sunday or Monday and then gradually work my way through other bits as I go.

It's all staying in the same place, the bath is being put in the other way around though as we wanted a screen and the window is too close to the wall to allow a screen on that wall. I've already got all that wonderful panelling off and some of the tiles, and the various parts of the new bathroom are dotted around the house waiting to go in. I'm working tomorrow and then I start in earnest on Friday removing the remaining tiles and making the walls good where a few bits of plaster have gone. Then Sunday is bath day.

Depending on how well that goes I'll either start tiling on Sunday or Monday and then gradually work my way through other bits as I go.

sounds like you all have it in hand,fingers crossed for the weekend,good idea moving bath round

could be a argument for switching w/c and basin so you have wall above basin for mirror

:cry_smile:

The panel's come off!!!

How could you?

Class relic, that ...

:shades_smile:

You are more than welcome to it! It's still sitting in the garden waiting for me to get rid.

It was glued onto the walls which in a couple of places took some skim and render off and places where it didn't has left some lovely dollops of glue all over the wall that I need to try and get off before I tile it.

The stuff on the ceiling? Nailed up using what appear to be railway spikes rather than nails lol.

could be a challenge swapping the bath around,

Why do you say that out of interest? And thanks for the offer of aid, it could well be needed!

well you have to alter the waste and have the correct fall etc, and alter pipework to bring them to the other side. Could be a challenge for a DIYer who doesn't do much plumbing, but I'm sure you'll manage.

If your going to use plastic pipes make sure you clip them properly or they will rattle about under the bath whenever you turn water on

well you have to alter the waste and have the correct fall etc, and alter pipework to bring them to the other side. Could be a challenge for a DIYer who doesn't do much plumbing, but I'm sure you'll manage.

If your going to use plastic pipes make sure you clip them properly or they will rattle about under the bath whenever you turn water on

Ahh I see.

Well I'm actually taking a 22mm hot feed from the bedroom next door as its a straighter shorter less bendy run from the tank and I'm trying to feed the Trevi Boost as best I can according to the MIs. The joists are running in the right direction to make that bit easy at least.

And I'm doing it copper and compressions. With a couple of feet of 22mm chromed copper to feed the surface mounted Trevi Boost.

I have already learned form this very forum not to put plastic speed fit caps on the chrome pipe unless its de chromed. Something that would have otherwise not crossed my mind!

The bath and basin wastes are both the hepvo straight type so that gives me a little more leeway for a better fall.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello - You might be best off joining our...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ok thank you Chuck, yes it does a bit 😆 That's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Gave it a good pull with 2 hands and it just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remember to remove the blank from the...
Replies
Views
Back