done work for them for years then find a new boiler!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss done work for them for years then find a new boiler!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tackleburger

As the post says. I went to do a gas safety check for a client I had been to for three years doing the same thing plus the odd washer, WC repair etc. I get there to safety check and service the fire and BBU to find a new boiler fitted last November.

Additionally no benchmark fitted, old Yorkshire double piped valves, rad not getting really hot enough and the installer should have done another safety ticket anyway as the one I did last year would be invalid with the new boiler.

What do you make of this though!!

010.jpg003.jpg

have had the same done to me, check the system evrey year, gone out nights, week ends to help them out then when a nice job comes along they forget about you!

the flue looks to close to the door opening to me, turn off and label and they can pay you to put it right! ;)

i think you will be going back over the winter period :)

Nah, it,s a ply Kingspan sandwich survived last winter will survive anything. She did say she experienced pressure dropping but since the fitter came back last time it,s been okay. I found the filling loop left open with a standing pressure of 2.3 bar and the prv seeping so I turned it
off. I am guessing that was the fix what a joke. not going back if I get a call about low pressure

Pretty common thing. I have customers i have had for years get big gas in for a new boiler and pay near double.
Oh i didn't know you did boilers too they'll say:confused:
I don't comment too much on it.

Nah, it,s a ply Kingspan sandwich survived last winter will survive anything. She did say she experienced pressure dropping but since the fitter came back last time it,s been okay. I found the filling loop left open with a standing pressure of 2.3 bar and the prv seeping so I turned it
off. I am guessing that was the fix what a joke. not going back if I get a call about low pressure

no mate, DO GO BACK AND DO CHARGE ACCORDINGLY ! still nice and friendly and charge fully

of course get them pipes lagged ,and so on just really stress them out and do all the work and chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

of course get them pipes lagged ,and so on just really stress them out and do all the work and chargeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Haven't we all got a load of similar stories. And invariably it is our engineers they then call to sort out the problems, problems which would never had been there had we done the job in the first place.

SAFEGASINSTALL is dead right!
and Lesson to learn - constantly promote yourself even to your existing customers.

when people ask me what i do i usually say plumber, then wen gas gets mentioned its ohh i didnt know you done gas aswell, so what am i best saying ?? im a plumbing heating and gas engineer ? then you just sound like a right plonker

plumbing and heating is what mid age people understand best (my opinion ) that is why this is what goes on my van this friday !

when i done a boiler the customer asked me if i knew any plumbers, when i replied i was one he was amazed and asked me to change his taps.

I advertise as a plumbing and heating engineer, and gas is mentioned in my company name

i cant see a bypass on this system, which it should have because they have used an s-plan... it may be just out of the photo tho... I dont think the worcester system has it built in.

We fitted a boiler and serviced it every year for years. Every year we send a leaflet to that address adverting that we do bathrooms. In our reminder letter for BS we ad a PS about we do EVERYTHING.
sure enough we got the same thing one year went to BS and found they had new bathroom.

I asked the customer on the phone, "Why didn't you ask us to quote for the bathroom"
"O I didn't know you did bathrooms"

What can i say!

i was asked if i do boiler service .......people are not educated enough ,so when I do meet people I do mention everything that I do !
And when work in there homes after do mention min 3 times all the services provided !
Lucky me no one ever asked to unblocked there toilet:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

do any of you list all services provided on back of business card ??

no just :

domestic & commercial
plumbing & heating
services

go to good print and buy from there TOP QUALITY,customers always shock of my cards

As the post says. I went to do a gas safety check for a client I had been to for three years doing the same thing plus the odd washer, WC repair etc. I get there to safety check and service the fire and BBU to find a new boiler fitted last November.

Additionally no benchmark fitted, old Yorkshire double piped valves, rad not getting really hot enough and the installer should have done another safety ticket anyway as the one I did last year would be invalid with the new boiler.

What do you make of this though!!

View attachment 2943View attachment 2942

i sympathise with your situation, you would hope customers would keep faith in you and at least let you price it, however your comment about him needing to do another safety is wrong, when he fitted the boiler the existing safety check was valid, so as long as he is happy the pipework etc is safe to work on then he can fit it and do his usual visuals on the other existing appliances, if any, and the gas carcass, did you do the safety check when you visited, as it was still due on the other appliances, meter and carcass, although it doesnt need to include the boiler as it was only fitted in november, there are 2 ways for the landlord to approach this, they COULD get a safety check done with the boiler, OR they could wait until it is due and include the boiler (to keep all appliances and pipework lined up ) OR they could get the existing appliances and pipework checked and the boiler done in November when it is a year old (not the best option obviously as it means 2 visits)

why not go back, this kind of job will create more profit over the piece than you would have made of the original install (cause you would have done it properly and not had call backs) dont cut your nose off to spite your face, charge them plenty EVERY time you get called back, KERCHING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
Back