done work for them for years then find a new boiler!! | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss done work for them for years then find a new boiler!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant see a bypass on this system, which it should have because they have used an s-plan... it may be just out of the photo tho... I dont think the worcester system has it built in.

Combi and system have built in bypass, hard to make out clearly which it is but it is definately not a regular or conventional

im getting this a lot with older customers after servicing for years they ring and ask if i can fit them a boiler for £250 as thats what they have to pay for a grant assisted one
they usually wind up with a feroli or ideal crap

they do a5 premium business card which is like 20 000 of them for about £800 , expansive but worth it !

Sure, I'd personally prefer not to spend so much, however, it breaks down £80 for a 2000 and that seems quite reasonable if they supply for that. Thanks.

Keep in touch with your customer there are some install issues on this combi and you can make some money.
The frost stat should have been wired back to the boiler.
There should be an auto bypass as he's fitted zone valves.
Can't tell if there is an integral time clock, but I think that's the only way it can work and there should be a local isolation switch.
Its a matter or time before the heatcell is damaged because pump over run can't circulate excess heat at the end of the cycle due to these two port valves.
If you tell your customer these faults you might fall out with them, send the photo to Worcester technical and get them to comment, now you manufacturers comments on what needs to be done. At the end of the day your trying to help them and earn a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
Back