Drain Unblocker | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Drain Unblocker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask them the once then after they say No I tell them I`m gonna know within seconds if my gloves start melting and my skin starts burning and I`m gonna get very narked about it! So please "Have you used any unblocker?"
At this point they realise the situation and own up.

All of these chemicals should be BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!

I once cut into a waste pipe after asking if they put anything down the drain they said no. I got the water all over my hand as you do and it started burning like mad. I knew straight away what it was and went mad at the person saying what have you put down it! they then confessed they had used something (If I can remember correctly it was oneshot but I could be wrong) I pulled my tray from underneath the still draining pipe and walked off swearing at them. Later on I got called in by my boss who had received a complaint when I explained he said did you hit them? I said no but I wanted to he said I would of and then sent the bill out and also said if it injured me then he would recommend suing them.

I think I was lucky as it must of only been a very small amount went over my hand although they had put loads down (a bottle full).

Bloomin' 'eck :/ I don't know why people need to lie about using drain chemicals.. Especially if they know someone is going to open up a pipe!!

I might get myself a snake - I don't really want a repeat if yesterday!!!

I hope you had your safety specs of or you could have been blinded - a good reminder to do so when working with chemicals. Good job it was not chlorine bleach or the air would have gone green and you to A&E!

Stupidly, Cello, I didn't as I didn't expect that to happen. But now I've experienced it I bloomin' well will from now on!!

Did it with one shot, sink was black as a piece of coal. Told the custard to give it a good scrub with a Brillo pad, shiny as new. Could've done with a clean anyway!

IMAG0164.jpg
My shower is really slow to drain and I`ve put a whole bottle of Mr Muscle unblocker down it!

I`ve got a discharge pipe from a sani to do on Saturday, it`s 21.5mm overflow pipe straight down under the floor and thats all we know. Tried the wet vac and rodded to 6ft but no joy so now it`s the chemical treatment and I`m going fully prepared including a fan for any fumes.

[DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-All-Purpose-Spray-Paint-Silver-400ml/p/163101?CAWELAID=120135120001024142&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CjwKEAjwns6hBRDTpb_jkbTv1UYSJACBhberDcNudUHDSZEWb5pzCmZmr74lNjbgydj3MUQQUxGPcRoCybLw_wcB"]Wickes All Purpose Spray Paint Silver 400ml | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
[DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-All-Purpose-Spray-Paint-Silver-400ml/p/163101?CAWELAID=120135120001024142&CAGPSPN=pla&gclid=CjwKEAjwns6hBRDTpb_jkbTv1UYSJACBhberDcNudUHDSZEWb5pzCmZmr74lNjbgydj3MUQQUxGPcRoCybLw_wcB"]Wickes All Purpose Spray Paint Silver 400ml | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]

Shame i didn't have a can of this yesterday ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this incident, I've been clearing blockages with my wetvac - so far so good and not a chemical in sight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
Hi Steve, Thanks for posting. Could you post...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes. There's not much room, but a springy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Despite your best efforts, hair, from all...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, we have our answer. I tried a snake/rod...
Replies
Views
Back