Drilling Galvanised Steel Tank | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Drilling Galvanised Steel Tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot to say remember to get every bit of swarf out of the tank we used a big lump of putty to pick it all up thinking about it we used putty for a lot of things back then

the drawing doesnt show the bits sticking out from where the stilsons had been used on it
im sure there was a name for these cutters

the drawing doesnt show the bits sticking out from where the stilsons had been used on it
im sure there was a name for these cutters
I think the drawing shows the type electricians first used I know the plumbers type you are thinking of I knew these as Cookes cutters I think I still have some in the shed but finding them well thats another story...regards Turnpin

forgot to say remember to get every bit of swarf out of the tank we used a big lump of putty to pick it all up thinking about it we used putty for a lot of things back then

Thanks steve, I used more up to date technology, a magnet!

I cut a stainless steel stockpot with one. It had a much thicker wall than a galv tank

I like that, if been plumbing for 48years but haven't thought of that one as a temp' although I always drain down cylinders by syphonige( mains filled hose pipe attached to copper pipe placed in cylinder and hose chucked out of window.

I seem to think that a galvanised tank or unlidded plastic tank without byelaw kit does not meet legionella hygiene requirements so would be illegal to use for a cold supply for a pumped shower. (Perhaps this is just for commercial work - Please correct me if I am wrong)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Probably all off one main hence your problem...
Replies
Views
Can you give some more info? National company...
Replies
Views
The open vent through the roof is the best...
Replies
Views
Back