Dripping flue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dripping flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoggy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all fitted a ideal logic 30 plus for a lady I've given the flue probably more lean back than needs but obviously not so rain water can get In but it is forming liquid on the tip and dripping quite a lot, any ideas? Is it just the cobdensation from the flu gases to the outside, it's not running away from the boiler but she wants to no why it's dripping.
Would a pluming kit help or is this a problem that just happens, I know it's acidic which I why I'm looking for some advice.
thanks Martyn.

Sorry not got a pic it is slightly angled back towards the boiler, I no that some have a built in slope but it was dripping so I gave it a bit more of an angle.

I've have a few Worcester's do this and main ecos one of those things I think makes an interesting icicle tho

I left the ones ive had caused no problems see if the flue is tilted enough. just remember it it drips onto a footpath patio ect it will make it slippery

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck for easy options was thinking of a pluming kit but don't want to spend unnecessary money.

I'm stuck for easy options was thinking of a pluming kit but don't want to spend unnecessary money.

it will pool in the corner of the pluming kit mate then it drips a lot more check your tilt

Cheers mate. I've put the flue on a good tilt that's what's puzzling me, it just forms on the tip and that small bit falls off before it falls back to the boiler.

Sound good, but will that be ok don't want to affect the flue in anyway?

I've had the seam on the tip of a black worcester flue leak before the seam where you can change from strait out to 45 it dripped from there once I used silicone grease sorted it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
Couple of tubes of clear mastic and some...
Replies
Views
Back