Flue Location.. Is it a Balcony, a Car Port or a Soffitt? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue Location.. Is it a Balcony, a Car Port or a Soffitt? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Google ideal boiler flue accessories and download this pdf. It's worth a note that only one minimum measurement can be taken down to 25mm and then all others would be subject to the standard minimum distances, and I feel this may be too much info for the public forum so remove it if you feel it's necessary

View attachment 36752
I would still check with ideal though as that isn’t in the MI’s

If you think about it, the outlet up against a wall shouldn't be an issue, it won't cause a negative effect on the boiler output and the only reason we have a min measurement for internal corners is due to possible POC build ups entering back down the air intake.

Thanks for all your help guys. As suggested, I contacted Ideal tech support, and they came back with:

Thank you for your email regarding the flue. The flue has not been fitted to manufactures instruction,

• The air intake is too close to the door
  • The flue is not open at 3 sides (only 1)
  • The air intake is under a different pressure zone to the exhaust

We would recommend your installer would need to rectify the flue.

My installer has agreed to sort it at no cost to me. Whether that is a complex flue arrangement or resiting the boiler. Up to him I guess.

That would be boiler move as the air intake is too close

Similar plumbing topics

A
Quite possible, although the engineers...
Replies
Views
A
If it is a HE boiler the roof wont need heat...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
Ran a few showers earlier and opened up a...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back