Durgo/AAV under sink question | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Durgo/AAV under sink question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Bes

Hi there

We moved our kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washing machine during a renovation and as a result have a much longer wastewater pipe now. I have been advised to fit an AAV before I will be issued with a building cert.

I am a bit confused reading about AAVs and I am new to this, but...

It seems there are a few different types, but in order to pass building regs you need to use an A1-rated valve IF you want to have the valve BELOW the sink overflow level (Which I do as I would put it under the kitchen sink so it's easy to get at).

Am I interpreting the rules & regs correctly? Would something like this T'ed off the sink waste do the job?

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flopl...VjLHtCh3VeQ1TEAQYASABEgK_q_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Thanks!

Thank you - we actually failed the first inspection based on a couple of little things and this was on the notes the BC gave us so I’d guess I had better do it! I have no idea why either - I am quite new to plumbing. Long story but we fell out with our builder just before he finished the job so I am doing the last bits myself.

So no matter where on the waste pipe I put the AAV (all 3 appliances connect in to the same pipe) so long as it is accessible I am safe from a regs perspective?

Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Here you go now you can see its easier 👍 kop
Replies
Views
Good Morning. Are you all fed up with me yet...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
There's another similar thead going on this...
Replies
Views
Thought as much. May as well buy the orange...
Replies
Views
I was thinking of the Screwfix catalogue that...
Replies
Views
Back