Pushfit heating pipes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Pushfit heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Ok. Oops. Ive been periodically turning the hot tap on and venting. Only venting after the pump has stopped running though.

I'll the run heating turned down tomorrow. I didn't want to run the heating at this hour on a Sunday night in case all the repairs I've made leaked when running. Haha.
All but one are ok at the moment, (the rad tail I mentioned earlier) whilst the system is filled, but not running hot.

Will I have done something detrimental by running hot water?
I've only run it around three times, probably less than a minute on each occasion. The digital temperature gauge did read around 10c - 15C higher what the dial is set at. But at least it's not jumping up to 90C+ now.
Thanks again everyone

Good Morning.
Are you all fed up with me yet?

Update. As you know, last night I fired up the boiler after re-filling the system following some repairs I had made...
Actually I spare you all the details, I perhaps give to much

Long story short. I've got the central heating system running low temp. I've set the dial at 40C and that is round about where the boiler is keeping the temperature. As indicated by the digital display.
However, the hot water has been used, (not whilst the central heating was running though) and the temperature on the digital display showed a rise up to 60C, but importantly the dial was only set at 42C.
Should I be worried about this?
I don't remember it doing this before the system was emptied. All though I can't be certain.
I have vented the pump and heat exchanger automatic air vent on top of the boiler. And vented all the rads a third time.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

T
  • Question
There's another similar thead going on this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Here you go now you can see its easier 👍 kop
Replies
Views
Thought as much. May as well buy the orange...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As above hard pipe it and add a drain cock for...
Replies
Views
Thank you - we actually failed the first...
Replies
Views
Back